What began as a simple boiled fish meal sauce has turned into a beloved condiment for many cooks. Bloves sauce is a versatile and easy to make sauce that can be used for many different dishes. Whether you’re cooking pasta, making a sandwich, or adding it to your favorite dish, bloves sauce is the perfect finishing touch.
How I learned about it!
When we’re having sea foods in the restaurants they almost always give us these delicious sauces. So I was wandering how to make a rich flavored sauce that will go well with sea foods. And I’ve finally found it! Youtuber Blove’slife has shared this rich seasoned sauce that she calls Smackalicious Sauce.
What is bloves sauce
This sauce is really a butter sauce. Blove used all different spices, as well as a few other flavors, to make a flavorful spicy sauce. It’s a quick and easy way to jazz up your basic boiled fish and other seafood.
How to use this spicy flavorful sauce
Blove sauce can be used in a variety of ways. Use it as a dip with freshly boiled seafood, or toss it in oven tray with your seafood and use it as the boiling liquid. Blove has dipped even cucumbers in the sauce on her YouTube channel, and viewers have suggested using it as a basis for seafood pasta. Because it’s simply a heavily spiced butter sauce, you can use it in any dish that calls for one. Blove fans have even stated that they prefer it on steak than fish. So, do what you feel like!
What does this sauce taste like
This sauce is quite thick and spicy. Its spiciness can be adjusted to your desire, yet it’s still flavorful whether mild or extra spicy.
Can I store it?
This seafood sauce can be kept for two weeks if stored correctly in an airtight container. If you freeze it in an air-tight container it can last up to 3 months. You may also make the spice mixture ahead of time and only add the fresh ingredients when you’re ready to eat for maximum freshness.
Storing the Sauce
If you’re creating this Bloves sauce ahead of time or have leftovers, the best and safest method to preserve it for later use is in the refrigerator or freezer, which I’ll show you how to do in this section.
How Bloves sauce should be kept in the refrigerator.
- Before proceeding, make sure your sauce has cooled to room temperature.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- The sauce can be kept in the fridge for up to two weeks if properly refrigerated.
Bloves sauce can be stored in the freezer.
- Check to see if the sauce has cooled to room temperature before refrigerating it.
- Freeze it in an airtight container that is freezer safe.
- The sauce can be frozen for up to three months if properly preserved.
Reheating the Sauce
If you’ve opted to freeze your bloves sauce, follow these steps to defrost it:
In the Microwave
- Thaw your sauce in the refrigerator before using it.
- Once the sauce has thawed, simply place it in a microwave-safe dish and heat for 30 seconds at medium power in increments.
Warming Bloves sauce on the stovetop
- Transfer the sauce to a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to cook the sauce until it reaches your preferred temperature or is completely heated.
Finally, give your Bloves sauce a good swirl before serving, or use the blonder or a food processor to rapidly freshen it up after reheating it in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Can I buy it in stores?
Blove created a seasoning pack after her video went viral, and it soon became a best-seller on Amazon. She subsequently added a spicy version to the mix as well. Although there is no bottled version of the sauce, this seasoning blend can be used for a variety of purposes in addition to making the sauce. Some Walmarts, Whole Foods Markets, and Targets sell the blend in-store.
Compatible with which meal
This Smackalicious sauce is meant to go along with a seafood boil, similar to what you might get at a seafood restaurant, where they hand you a bag full of crustaceans in a savory sauce. In the Mukbang world, it’s used as more of a dip. Creators prepare their food, usually consisting of shrimp, snow crab, potatoes, and corn, then dip it into a giant bowl of the sauce.
You’ll be sure to find plenty of ways to enjoy this sauce, whether on your seafood or for something else. Honestly, I could eat it by the spoonful! I use Smackalicious Sauce on some of my seafood dishes, from poached salmon to fried shrimp.
- 4-6 quarters of unsalted butter
- Minced garlic 3 to 4 cloves
- White sweet onion – ¼ – ½ of a large one
- Minced ginger – 1-2tsp
- Garlic powder- 1tsp
- Onion powder – 1tsp
- Paprika- 1tsp
- Chili powder – 1tsp
- black pepper/white pepper- 1tsp
- Lemon pepper – 1tsp
- Oregano – 1tsp
- Cajun seasonings- Cajun Spice Mix 1tsp
- xm seasioning – 1-2tsp
- Tabasco sauce – 1tsp
- Worcestershire Sauce – 1tsp
- Warm sauce- 1tsp
- Old bay seasoning- 1-2tsp
- Brown sugar – 1-2tsp
- Food accent
- (optional) Cayenne pepper – 1tsp
- (optional) Red pepper flakes – 1tsp
- (optional) Accent Salt – 1tsp
- (optional) Lemon freshly squeezed – 1tsp
- (optional) chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine all of the seasoning ingredients: (1 tablespoon each of the following) garlic powder, paprika (or smoked paprika), ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder, dried oregano, lemon pepper, chili powder, Cajun spice mix, Old Bay seasoning, and light brown sugar.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves and rough chopped onion to a blender or food processor and pulse a few times until finely chopped.
- Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium-low heat and melt the butter. Increase the heat to medium then add the onion and garlic. Saute for 30 seconds to a minute, until the onion and garlic are softened slightly and aromatic.
- Stir in 1 cup of chicken broth, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, as well as any optional ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the seasoning mix and stir to combine, then bring it to a low boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat after the sauce has reached a boil and all of the ingredients are well combined.
- (Optional) Once the sauce has cooled slightly, you can return it to your blender or food processor and pulse a few times to combine the sauce best (as it likes to separate after sitting).
Add chicken broth or water: You can lighten the butter by adding 1 to 2 cups of water or chicken broth. This can also be used in instead of butter.
Add beer to the sauce: Believe it or not, beer is a fairly traditional addition to a seafood boil since it aids in the creation of a tasty sauce. You won’t want something too bitter; instead, citric and fruity beers are ideal. Depending on how runny you want your sauce, you’ll have to experiment with the measurements. I recommend starting with half a can.
Add honey: Honey will give this recipe an added layer of sweetness to balance out all of the distinct spices in this blend, even if it already incorporates brown sugar.
Add Gochujang: Gochujang is the Korean Red Chili Paste. It is a popular Korean condiment. Because it’s cooked with chilis, it may be quite spicy.
Add Sriracha: Add sriracha as a spicy condiment after you’ve finished your recipe.
Add chili oil: Another option to add heat to this sauce is to use chili oil. The oiliness will complement the butter’s melty texture for a very decadent entrée.
This sauce can be more flavorful with added ingredients. Without the optional additions, the sauce is fairly spicy. So, before adding any more spicy ingredients make sure to taste the sauce. Especially you are someone who cannot tolerate hot spicy foods. It’s better to make in small quantity the first time if you are unsure.
Wait to add salt and any optional add-ins to taste until the sauce is combined. You may find that the seasonings are salty enough. Over-salting could compromise the sauce.
If you like the sauce to be a paste then once the sauce has cooled slightly, you can return it to your blender or food processor and pulse a few times to combine the sauce best .The seasoning is distributed throughout your sauce best with a few seconds in the blender
Don’t be shy with the lemon! It will help to cut the richness of all the spices and butter. I love using a heavy helping of lemon zest for best results.